If you’re looking for a super nutritious and filling meal, look no further than this simple recipe for an epic raw vegan salad. I enjoy this salad or a variation of it almost every single day, especially when I am eating raw till 4 p.m. Not only does it keep me full long afterwards, but I feel energized after I eat it.
For the Salad
- Lettuce or spring mix
- Alfalfa sprouts
- Fresh dill
- Sweet onion
- Cherry or grape tomatoes
- Raw garlic (1 – 2 cloves, finely chopped)
For the Salad Dressing
- Juice of half a lemon and half a lime
- Maple syrup or agave nectar
- Celtic sea salt and ground black pepper
- Layer the bottom of your bowl with your lettuce and greens.
- Finely chop or dice all of your remaining veggies into bite-size pieces, then toss them in the bowl.
- Squeeze half a lemon, half a lime, pour on a little sweeter of choice (my favorite is organic Michigan maple syrup), then sprinkle on a little salt and pepper.
- Mix up and enjoy!