If you pay attention to hot topics in the wellness world, you’ll know celery juice is all the rage.
But I’ve been hip to this green juice long before it took social media by storm, so I can actually vouch for celery’s healing benefits.
Now, most wellness trends burn bright and die fast, but this one is definitely worth trying.
Obviously every person is different, but drinking 16-ounces of fresh-pressed organic celery juice on an empty stomach each morning has greatly helped both my husband and my digestive health. If you suffer from heart burn or any type of acid reflux, celery juice may help you considerably, if taken regularly. Think nature’s Pepto-Bismol.
It’s important to drink 16-ounces of celery juice on an empty stomach so it can work it’s magic without the hindrance of other food blockages and it will strengthen your digestion of foods you eat for the rest of the day.
Why Plain Celery Juice?
Celery juice is:
- Highly anti-inflammatory (This means it’s highly beneficial for people who suffer from chronic and mystery illnesses, including conditions labeled autoimmune. Such as: Hashimoto’s thyroiditis, rheumatoid arthritis (RA), fibromyalgia, myalgic encephalomyelitis/chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), Lyme disease, migraines, vertigo, celiac disease, irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), diabetes, psoriasis, eczema, acne, lupus, Guillain-Barré syndrome, sarcoidosis, Raynaud’s syndrome, Ménière’s disease, gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD), gout, bursitis, bloating, intestinal cramping, distention, acid reflux, vertigo, constipation, restless leg syndrome, tingles, numbness, etc.)
- High in mineral salts which help to stabilize blood pressure, bringing it down when it’s too high and up when it’s too low
- Balances PH
- Raises your gut’s hydrochloric acid so your body can break down and assimilate what you eat
- Cleanses and repairs your stomach, the rest of your digestive tract, and, most importantly, your liver
- Ignites electrical impulse activity in the brain and supports neuron function.
- Supportive of the central nervous system
- Aids restful sleep
- Improves methylation — the proper absorption and utilization of hundreds of nutrients, including B12 and zinc
- Full of electrolytes
- Helps with anxiety, depression and other mood disorders
- Stabilizes and supports the adrenal glands — which helps heal the effects of stress on the body
- Helps cleanse the thyroid of toxins and bolster production of the thyroid hormone T3
- Helps to break down and flush out viruses
- Prevents ammonia permeability
Hydrochloric acid is critical to digestion and to keeping your digestive system alkaline. Celery juice helps to replace your hydrochloric acid.
Celery Juice Recipe
- 1 bunch organic celery
- Juice 16-ounces of washed celery.
- Drink immediately on an empty stomach
- Wait 15 minutes before consuming breakfast.
Tip: Drink your celery juice immediately so it does not oxidize & lose its medicinal benefits.
Have you tried celery juice before? Let me know in a comment below!
2 comments on “Celery Juice: The Gut Healing Elixir”
Can you combine this with lemon and/or raw cider vinegar? I already do the cider vinegar in the morning and would like to add the celery to it. Also, what is the final number of ounces that should be consumed for maximum health benefits?
I would drink 16-ounces once per day, first thing in the morning on an empty stomach. Wait 15 minutes. Then, do the apple cider vinegar, followed by your breakfast. Also, you really cannot overdose on celery juice, so don’t worry if you drink a little more than 16-ounces. It’s all trial and error. 🙂