You don’t have to eat eggs to enjoy a quality quiche! In fact, this quiche is complete grain-free and allergen-friendly, but will still please even the most vicious carnivore. Break out this easy-to-make meal for brunch or dinner and watch the eyes roll with delight.
- 5 ounces shiitake mushrooms
- 1/2 bunch asparagus, chopped
- 1 tablespoon coconut aminos
- 1 cup chickpea flour
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Celtic sea salt
- 1 cup unsweetened non-dairy milk
- 1 tablespoon chives, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Line and prepare an 8″ round cake pan with parchment paper.
- Add 2 tablespoons of water to a medium non-stick pan over medium-high heat (or use 1 tablespoon of EVOO). Add the asparagus and mushrooms, then sauté for 2 to 3 minutes. Pour the coconut aminos into the pan, then sauté for an additional 5 to 7 minutes, until the mushrooms are cooked down and no liquid remains in the pan.
- Prepare the quiche filling while the vegetables are cooking. Whisk the chickpea flour, nutritional yeast, garlic powder, turmeric, baking powder, and salt together in a large bowl until well-combined. Pour in the milk and mix well, until no clumps remain. Finally, fold in the cooked asparagus and mushrooms once they are finished cooking.
- Pour the quiche mixture into the pre-lined pan and smooth the top out with a spatula. Bake in the oven for 30 to 35 minutes, until a toothpick comes cleanly out of the center. Let the quiche cool for 5 to 10 minutes, then slice and serve as desired. Store leftovers in the fridge for up to one week.
Did you try my quiche recipe? What’s your favorite brunch food? Let me know in a comment below!
Keep on keepin on,