These ooey-gooey brownies are so decadent, you’ll never know they are fat-free and made with black beans. Full of fiber, which helps aid in healthy digestion and weight loss, these brownies are a guilt-free treat. And the best part? They’re super easy to make!
Vegan Black Bean Brownie Recipe
- 1 box of gluten-free and vegan brownie mix
- 1 15-ounce can of sodium-free, unflavored, organic black beans
- Water, as needed
(If you purchase any of these products from iHerb, use my code ALI1635 to get 5% off!)
- Heat your oven to the temperature as directed on the back of your brownie mix box. (Usually, it’s 350 F.)
- Dump the brownie mix into a food processor (or bowl, if you don’t have a food processor).
- Add in the can of black beans (liquid included).
- Blend until smooth. You might need a little bit of water, depending on how thick your batter is. I usually add about 1/4 of a cup.
- Spread batter into a square baking dish. (I like to keep these fat-free, but you can grease the pan with coconut oil, if you wish.)
- Bake ~20 minutes or until you can stick a toothpick into the center and it comes out clean. The baking time is different depending on which mix you choose to use.
- Garnish with whatever toppings you like. Vanilla coconut ice-cream with a pinch of fresh mint is a classic choice.
Let me know if you tried this recipe and post a picture of your decadent creation in a comment below!