Did you know you don’t have to be a spiritual guru or even have any prior experience to start practicing meditation? Meditation is for everybody.
If you can sit still for a few moments and breathe – you can meditate. Yes, it really is that simple.
Meditation can train the mind just as exercise can train the body. Practicing daily meditation can aid in a plethora of benefits, such as:
- Weight loss
- Improved communication and relationships
- Reduced anxiety and depression
- Addiction management
- Sharpened thinking
- Mastery of emotions
Start Meditating in Five Simple Steps
- To begin, set aside five to 10 minutes.
- Select a spot where you feel comfortable for a few moments and take a seat. Ensure your spot offers a stable, solid seat so you can sit upright. Make sure your back is not hunched or hanging – straighten, but don’t stiffen. If you are seated on the floor, consider crossing your legs in front of you. If you’re on a chair or bench, have the bottoms of your feet touch the ground.
- Allow your hands to rest on the tops of your legs – palms facing either up or down, it’s all about what feels comfortable to you. If you so desire, you may close your eyes.
- Allow yourself to be in this moment. Take in as many deep breaths as necessary. Feel the sensations in your body and allow yourself to relax. Whenever your mind begins to wander (It will – but don’t worry!), draw your attention back to your breath. Take as much time as you need for you.
- When you’re ready, open your eyes and continue with your day.
There are many forms of meditation and there’s no perfect path to enlightenment. It’s all about exploring your mind to find which works best for you, as each person’s mind works differently. Meditation can seem simple, but is not necessarily easy. You just have to keep putting in the work and the results will follow.
1 comments on “Start Meditating With These 5 Simple Steps”