This is the fourth post in my Chakra Series. To find the other posts, click here.
What Is the Heart Chakra?
Mantra: I am love. I am joy. I am compassionate. I am open.
Sanskrit name: Anahata; unstruck
The fourth chakra, or Heart Chakra, is located in the center of the chest, just above heart. It is the energy center where we feel joy, compassion, inner peace, and love — not only for others, but for ourselves.
- Loving love
- Not afraid of love
- Able to communicate with others intuitively through the heart
- Ability to forgive
- Understanding that we are all one
- Letting go to be present now
- Closed heart
- Feelings of isolation
- Physical heart or circulation issues
- Fear-induced body responses
- Tension in chest
- Shortness of breath
- Suffocating people with your love
- Your use your love for selfish motives
Supporting Your Heart Chakra
- Deep breaths to clear the lungs
- Good posture — shoulders drawn back and down to open the heart
- Yogic heart and chest openers and stretches
- Exercises (such as rebounding) that stimulate the limbic system
- Long, slow walks
- Shoulder and neck massage
- Warm baths
- Green water-based alkalizing fruits and vegetables
- Organic greens
- Fresh green juice
- Make a salad
- Start your day with a green smoothie
- Leafy and cruciferous vegetables
- Dandelion greens
- Green tea
- Green apples
- Green beans, lima beans, mung beans
Heart Chakra Yoga Class
I hope you enjoyed this post!