This post is the third in my Chakra Series, detailing how to support your Solar Plexus. To find the other chakra posts, click here.
What Is the Solar Plexus?
Mantra: I am worthy. I am strong. I am powerful. I am confident.
Sanskrit name: Manipura; lustrous gem
The third chakra, or Solar Plexus, is located in the upper abdomen in the stomach area. It represents our ability to be confident and in control of our lives. When the Solar Plexus is balanced, you feel in control and you have sufficient self esteem. Physically, the solar plexus supports your spleen, stomach, liver, and pancreas.
- Feeling worthy of all things that offer progress, warmth, and comfort
- Good at setting and keeping boundaries
- Feeling of self-worth
- Balanced power that comes from within
- Healthy digestive tract
- Healthy sleeping patterns
- Balanced cortisol and insulin levels
- Ability to tune in to gut feelings
- Trust in yourself
- Able to experience intimacy
- Do not get what you want from life
- Lack of self-worth
- Feeling powerless
- Others taking advantage of your time, personal space, and divine gifts
- Unhealthy sleep patterns
- Digestive issues
- Stress in the nervous system
- Adrenal fatigue
- Falling into outmoded gender patterns that do not work for you
- Cannot easily distribute power
- Poor listening habits
- Acidic body
- Lack of engaging in eye contact
Supporting Your Solar Plexus
- Kundalini Yoga: Boat Pose
- Slowing down and doing gentle exercises without outside distractions
- Belly breathwork such as Lion’s Breath
- Yogic twists
- Releasing stomach muscles
- Yellow curry
- Yellow vegetables, such as summer squash or spaghetti squash
- Yellow peppers
- Yellow beets
- Sprouted grains
- Healthy fats and oils, like avocado or coconut oil
- Light-green vegetables with a high water base (celery and cucumber)
- Aloe juice or water (see my recipe here!)
- Soothing chamomile and herbal teas.
Solar Plexus Yoga Class
I hope you enjoyed this post!