Apparently, vegan pancake mix (sans corn) in the U.K. isn’t a thing. So, to remedy this, I decided to experiment and create my own gluten-free batter. It turned out so well (to my surprise), that I had to share! Best of all, it’s SO easy to make! Try this out for your next pancake brunch instead of a store-bought mix.
- 2 cups gluten-free oats
- 2+ cups plant-based milk (depending on how thick/thin you want your batter) or water
- 2-3 ripe organic bananas
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
- 1 Tablespoon chia seeds
- Put all ingredients in blender.
- Blend it up!
- Pour portions into pan.
- Cook pancakes on a non-stick pan until golden brown.
- Enjoy! I love toppings like: coconut yogurt, maple syrup, fruit compote, jam, chocolate flakes, fresh fruit, etc.
Pro Tip: Set your oven on low heat. Add the cooked pancakes to the oven to keep them warm while you finish cooking.
It really is that easy! I hope you enjoy these as much as I do.