I don’t know about you, but I could eat pumpkin pie any time of year. I have been working on a vegan pumpkin pie recipe that is not only delicious, but *healthy* and I want to share it with you. Most store-bought vegan pies are loaded with soy products, which I avoid entirely. So, not only is this recipe vegan, but it is gluten-free, grain-free, soy-free and sugar-free.
This recipe is the perfect way to celebrate fall, because it incorporates all of the fantastic flavors of the season: ginger, nutmeg, cloves, cinnamon, vanilla, and pumpkin. And not only is this pie super easy to make, it is does not require any baking!
Almost Raw Vegan Pumpkin Pie Recipe
For the Crust
- 1 cup almonds
- 1 cup pecans
- 3 cups dates, divided
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla bean powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
For the Pie Filling
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 2 bananas
- 1⁄4 cup heavy coconut milk
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla bean powder
- 1 1/2 tablespoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 cup dates
For the Crust
- Blend almonds, pecans, dates, vanilla bean powder, and cinnamon into the food processor and process until well-combined.
- Firmly press the crust into a deep-dish pie pan.
- Freeze for 30 minutes.
For the Pumpkin Pie Filling
- In a blender, combine the remaining dates, pumpkin, bananas, coconut milk, vanilla bean powder, and pumpkin pie spice. Blend until smooth.
- Pour the filling into the pie crust and allow the pie to rest in the freezer for another 30 minutes.
- Serve topped with a dollop coconut whipped cream or as desired.
Until next time,